PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle are unable to raise the money needed for their big projects in the UK due to the Duchess of Sussex’s ambitions being much bigger – which could eventually lead to a race for the White House, a public relations expert and author says.
PR expert Mark Borkowski said both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are unable to raise the funds for their ambitious projects in the UK and have chosen America as to where they will “hitch their wagon” to build their brand. Mark Borkowski explained the couple’s ambitions are far greater than many might realise and may never turn around their negative reputation among certain demographics. The author added the large goals and desire of Meghan Markle may even culminate in a US presidential campaign and said he would “not bet against” such a thing happening.
Speaking on GB News, Mr Borkowski discussed the recent ventures of the Sussexes including the couple purchasing domain names of their daughter Lilibet before they asked the Queen for her approval of the name.
He told the channel: “I don’t think [Harry and Meghan] can ever really recover, particularly to an older audience, a boomer audience, here.
“The question is whether or not the younger audience, the Gen Z’s, people who completely emphasise with their arguments about some mental health issues and diversity.
“It is very much where they’ve hitched their waggon to and we’re going to see a very big competing brand.
“But the UK is not where they’re going to win the type of money they’re going to need, to carry forward their aims and traditions and setup very ambitious partnerships.
“I’ve often said it and people think I’m joking but who would not bet against Meghan Markle of running for president in years to come.”
Rumours of Meghan Markle’s presidency ambition began earlier this year when the Duchess of Sussex was reportedly in conversation with prominent Democrat figures.
A senior Labour Party figure told the Mail on Sunday that they heard Meghan was networking with Democrats to build campaign teams.
Meghan allegedly may only run in 2024 if current US President Joe Biden does not choose to run for a second term.
The rumours began in mid-March but there has been no major development or comment on the reports.
According to the Mirror, Meghan is set to have a “brutal showdown” with Buckingham Palace as the institution launched an independent inquiry into bullying claims against Meghan.
She is expected to demand a breakdown of the claims against her so that she can answer each one.
Meghan has yet to be interviewed by Buckingham Palace of the allegations and has not returned to the UK since her departure in early 2020.
Two royal staff members quit with a third saying their confidence was “undermined”.
The Mirror also reports at least ten former place employees are “lining up” to assist the independent inquiry against Meghan.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “We are clearly very concerned about allegations in the Times following claims made by former staff of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”
“Accordingly, our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article.
“Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.”